New Year’s Eve and A Trio of Appetisers from the Lavender and Lovage Kitchen!

New Year’s Eve

and

A Trio of Appetisers

from the

Lavender and Lovage Kitchen!

Happy New Year!

Bonne Annee!

Happy Hogmanay!

Wee Whisky Doused Hogmanay Dundee Cakes

Is it really the end of 2011? At the risk of sounding like my granny, this year seems to have flown by and I really cannot believe that we are in the twelfth year of the new millennium……I would like to wish you a VERY Happy New Year and I hope that 2012 is a happy, peaceful and healthy year for all of you. I am in a rush, as usual, and so I will leave you with a Trio of Appetiser recipes now, whilst I rush off and “scrub up” for the festivities ahead……we are bringing in the New Year with friends and I need to get a move on as I am still in Post Christmas Sloth mood……..See you NEXT year, as my dad always says to me at this time of year!

Have fun and see you in 2012!

A Trio of Appetisers

from the

Lavender and Lovage Kitchen!

Little Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups With Peppered Crème Fraîche

Mini Cheese and Olive Welsh Rarebit Bites for Festive Frolics!

Oooh La La! French Savoury Ham, Cheese and Olive Cake

RECIPES:

Little Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups With Peppered Creme Fraiche

Delightful and EASY little smoked salmon and cucumber appetisers, and healthy too, with NO pastry! These are a breeze to make but they tick all the taste boxes, as well as being elegant. Cucumbers do vary in size, and I have suggested a medium cucumber, which is about 10″ to 12″ long………however, any size will do!! Adjust the crème fraîche to how many cups you yield from a cucumber, I managed to make 30 cups and used 10 tablespoons of crème fraîche for that amount, 1 teaspoon per cup. Serve these with cocktails and pre-dinner drinks, or as part of a buffet. The cucumber cups and crème fraîche can be prepared beforehand, but these should only be assembled 1 hour before serving (at the most) and covered in cling film to ensure the smoked salmon does not dry out. Allow 2 to 4 per person, depending on what else is served.

Ingredients:

Comments

1. Neesie Natters says

You never cease to amaze me Karen.I wasn't even looking for a recipe but yet again you've tickled my tastebuds!
    The smoked salmon and cucumber cups with peppered crème fraiche look so appetizing. AND I have all the ingredients here… voila :D

Have a wonderful New Year and I wish you nothing but the best for 2012. oxox

2. Neesie Natters says

Have a wonderful New Year and I wish you nothing but the best for 2012. oxox

3. A Trifle Rushed says

What delightful treats.
    Happy New Year to you Karen, I hope 2012 brings you much happiness, and I hope we get a chance to catch up soon. Jude x

4. Cathy at Wives with Knives says

Happy New Year, Karen. I would love to try each and every recipe. I'm looking forward to my visits in 2012.

5. Solange says

What lovely canapes, can I come?
    Bonne Annee 2012 I have a good feeling about this one or may be it is the glass of champagne by my computer.
    S/x

6. Ruth Ellis says

The savoury cheese and olive cake looks and sounds delicious – another one added to my pile of 'when I can eat dairy again' recipes! Hope you have a very happy new year Rx

7. Choclette says

Oh Karen, those rarebit bites look so tempting, it's made me wonder what we could nibble on. Hope you have a grand evening and a great New Year.

8. Heather says

a very happy new year to you my new friend of 2011! How fun it has been to get to know you through your blog and wonderful food. You're right— I did get the Cattern Cakes and Lace book for christmas! it is beautiful and i cant wait to try out some of the recipes, thanks for introducing me to it! Here's to more food and art in 2012!~~

9. Brownieville Girl says

Just to let you know that I'm availed to attend all parties where you are serving these delicious canapés!!!

Wishing you a wonderful 2012

10. Maya Russell says

The salmon cucumber cups look so easy to prepare & I love salmon!
    I think it’s a great summer buffet recipe.