NEW Tea Time Treats for May! Get FLORAL in the Kitchen with Floral Flavours & Flowers!

Violet Posy Cake - Victoria Sponge

Violet Posy Cake - Victoria Sponge

Tea Time Treats for May!

Get FLORAL in the Kitchen with

Floral Flavours & Flowers!

Tea Time Treats

Tea Time Treats

It’s time to launch the MAY challenge for Tea Time Treats! With a BIG thanks for Kate from What Kate Baked who hosted April’s FABULOUS challenge which was themed Easter and Spring……..there is a VERY tempting round up here:
April Tea Time Treats Round Up.
And what do I have up my May sleeve you may be asking, well it’s a very PRETTY challenge as it is my birthday in May, so I would love you all to bring me FLOWERS!  Our challenge for the  May Tea Time Treats is:
Floral Flavours and Flowers

Birthday Cake Flowers

It does NOT have to be as intricate as the cake above, although it’s LOVELY isn’t it, what we are looking for is cakes and bakes, or anything that is baked or can be served at the Tea Time Table, and that has flowers in it, on it or around it, OR anything that has used floral sugars, sugar craft decorations, floral essences or flavourings……..the flowers that are used in your recipes can be REAL flowers or edible cake decorations such as the daisies I used on the cakes below this Easter:
 Daisy Cakes with Chocolate Cheese Cake Frosting

Daisy Cakes with Chocolate Cheese Cake Frosting

So, get floral in the kitchen, bring me some flowers please! ALL types of bakes or cooked goodies that would be suitable for a Tea Time Table are acceptable, so that can be scones, pancakes, muffins, cakes, bakes, biscuits, cookies, pies, tarts etc etc…….and, as with all blogging challenges, there are a few simple guidelines, so please take time to read them below, and then get CRACKING! Have a GREAT Merry Month of May, and I cannot wait to see what you all make and bake and bring the our May Tea Time Treat’s Table! Karen
Tea Time Treats

Tea Time Treats

Tea Time Treats for May is OPEN from the 29th April until the 28th May

The Round Up and the new Challenge will be posted on or before the 1st June

Tea Time Treats Rules and Guidelines:

• Post your recipe on your blog with a link to Lavender and Lovage followand What Kate Bakedfollow, mention the relevant month’s host, that’s Lavender and Lovage this month and attach the Tea Time Treats logo as shown on the event page.

• Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a label/tag.

• The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere.  You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.

• Please be as creative with the theme as you like.

• If you put your post on twitter please mention @KarenBurnsBooth @katecakeandbake and #teatimetreats in your message and we will retweet all those we see.

• You do not need to enter every month to join in with the challenge.

• Your post can be submitted for other blogging challenges, just make sure this complies with the rules of the other challenge.

• VIP: By way of making entries simpler, and so Kate and I DON’T miss emails in the future, we are testing  a new system of entering your recipes this month; ADD your recipe link to the Simply Linked box below; it’s EASY and then all I have to do it swoop around at the end of the month the gather them all up for my MEGA ROUND UP!  NOTE: For the links to work, you MUST have linked back to me for this challenge, as mentioned in the guidelines above!

Royal Elderflower & Lemon Curd Butterfly Cakes for the Forman & Field Jubilee Bake Off

LINK UP YOUR RECIPES HERE:

Comments

I bet you come up with something really lovely, as your gingerbread houses are a work of art! :-) THANKS so much for the feedback about my blog – the blog you are on now is a NEW one on new hosting, I am moving hosting as the last host was RUBBISH!

Love this theme and what could be better than to celebrate your birthday with May flowers? Now what flowers might I have growing in May – if any :-S

What a wonderful idea for the tea time & flowers during May. It makes me want to get in the kitchen and do some baking right away.

Thanks Renee, this is always such a popular challenge and I cannot wait to see what you come up with for our Tea Time Treat’s Table! :-)

wow, great theme!… really really love it… can’t wait to get creative… and I too have noticed how fast your site loaded… thank GOD… it was getting rather slow… good for you for sorting it out x

Thanks and THANKS Dom! Now I have to try to get my hosting money back from 1-2-3 Reg who were awful…..but I am glad that you a) liek TTT this month and b) notice the page loads are faster! :-) :-)

What a brilliant idea for a theme. I am a flower fanatic and think you have timed this perfectly. We all need some cheering up after the rain we have been getting. I am pleased for you being able to sort out your blog issues, not fun, but looks like it is running smoothly now, Hooray! xx

Thanks Laura, yes, I have changed hosting, and it is much better! Glad you like the idea of May flowers after all these April showers we’ve been having!

I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with, Karen. Whatever comes in at least you know it will be pretty! Your sponge will probably be the loveliest, but I am willing to reserve judgment :D

Love the theme for this month. I was planning some floral themed bakes for a garden charity event in June so this will give me a chance to practice! PS will be interested to know what you think about the linky as may have to set that up for AlphaBakes as well.

Will let you know what I think about the linky and I may go back to emails, who knows……LOOKING forward to seeing what you come up with FLORAL and FLOWERY!

Hi Karen,

you can count me in on this wonderful theme for a blooming spring tea table of May. I have so many ideas for using flowers, perhaps even some of your violet sugar for a tea time treat ! However, my good afternoon tea friends will be slightly terrified of this FLOWER POWER theme :-)

Many kitchen and tea greeting Kirsten

LOVELY to see you here Kirsten, and I LOVED your violet posts on your blog….I am sure you can harness FLOWER POWER for the month of May! :-)

I love this theme and have been cooking and baking a lot with edible flowers, but the submission I have is a savoury one with wild garlic flwoers, hope its acceptable.

OH that is PERFECT Shaheen! Savoury or sweet and chive flowers are a GREAT way to showcase flowers too! THANKS so much for your entry! Karen :-)

They sound JUST wonderful! THANKS so much for entering into the fun for Tea Time Treats and I shall be over to have one of those in a minute! Karen :-)

THANKS so much for your STUNNING entry, all the way from California, I ADORE your wee macarons! And, welcome to Tea Time Treats!

9. Denise says

Karen I think I did something wrong as No. 29 link didn’t seem to work so redid the link hence there is now No. 30 which is correct and seems to work! Perhaps you could remove No. 29. Sorry!