~ The New June Herbs on Saturday Blog Challenge ~
Win a copy of Jekka’s Complete Herb Book
Here we are for the June Herbs on Saturday Recipe Sharing Blog Challenge……a simple and easy way to share recipes throughout the month and also a chance to learn new ways to cook with herbs, as well as discover new blogs and blogger chums! Cooking with herbs is normal for me; I have always cooked with herbs, they enhance a recipe and are also beneficial to health…..I am a proud owner of a walled herb garden, where I grow most of my own herbs, specialising in heirloom and old fashioned herbs of which my favourites are lavender and lovage!
All you have to do to enter is add your ANY recipe that you have made throughout the week to the linky below, and NOT just recipes that have been made on a Saturday; at the end of each month I will post a round up and ask a “special blogger” to choose their favourite recipe from the ones that have been posted, and the recipe that is chosen will win a COOKBOOK! This month’s book is the fabulous “Jekka’s Complete Herb Book: In Association with the Royal Horticultural Society”. Here’s a little more information about this informative book:
As someone who has been growing herbs for over 30 years, Jekka knows the most common pitfalls to avoid. For each herb she lists a range of species and varieties giving lots of choice to the gardener, and there are plans for planting herb gardens, be it for aromatherapy or cooking too. There is also basic guidance on propagation, harvesting herbs in containers, pests and diseases as well as a yearly calendar.
To get you in the Herbs mood, I am sharing one of my most popular recipes with you now, Marinated English Goat’s Cheese with Wild Garlic, Stem Ginger and Herbs. The recipe is posted below, and this famous herbal mix is a “must” for so many dishes and recipes, and it also makes a wonderful gift for a foodie friend . So, DO join in, this event will run until the end of June, and the guidelines about how to enter are below. OH YES! I am happy for people to guest host this event………so if you fancy hosting this one month, please email me or tweet me!
Herbs on Saturday for June
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky below, including your email and the title of your recipe or post. The closing date is 30th June.
2. Display the Herbs on Saturday badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to this post here.
3. Add as many recipe links as you like, there is NO limit and the recipes and posts can be from any day, NOT just Saturday!
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #herbsonsaturday and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see.
5. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Herbs on Saturday badge.
6. A guest blogger will choose their favourite recipe at the end of each month, and the winner of that recipe will receive the book that has been featured for that month.
Have FUN and let’s Get Herby!