~ Seasonal fragrance and flavour from my country kitchens in England and France....celebrating local seasonal produce with traditional feasts and festivals, culinary notes, reviews, recipes and musings from home and abroad....whilst preparing family food with flair ~
Summer Fairs & Fêtes and Cake Stall Cakes & Bakes for July’s Tea Time Treats Challenge! (Photo BBC Good Food)
Summer Fairs & Fêtes and Cake Stall Cakes & Bakes
July’s Tea Time Treats Challenge!
It’s time for the NEW Tea Time Treats July Baking Challenge, and this month is a CORKER! I am pleased and excited to reveal the theme for this month, which is:
Cake Stall Cakes & Bakes
Summer Fairs & Fêtes and Cake Stall Cakes & Bakes – July’s Tea Time Treats Baking Challenge
That’s right, it’s Summer (IT IS really – I know the weather says not!!) and it’s time for all those Summer Fairs & Fêtes……and what do you find at the School Summer Fair and Church Fête, a CAKE STALL of course! So, what cakes and bakes qualify then? Practically ALL types, from melting moments biscuits to the Queen of all Cake Stall cakes, the Victoria Sandwich! BUT, Kate and I are also looking for all sorts of special cakes and bakes, such as regional speciality from where you live maybe, or even better an OLD FAMILY FAVOURITE! I have put together a list if some ideas I came up with, the list is NOT definitive by any means and we are welcoming ALL kinds of cakes and bakes, and, if you actually made them for a REAL Cake Stall, ALL THE BETTER!
Summer Fairs & Fêtes and Cake Stall Cakes & Bakes – July’s Tea Time Treats Baking Challenge! (Photo BBC Food)
2. Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a category, label or tag.
3. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
4. Please be as creative with the theme as you like.
4. If you put your post on twitter please mention @KarenBurnsBooth @katecakeandbake and #teatimetreats in your message and we will retweet all those we see.
5. You do not need to enter every month to join in with the challenge.
6. Your post can be submitted for other blogging challenges, just make sure this complies with the rules of the other challenge.
By way of making entries simpler, and so Kate and I DON’T miss emails in the future, we are testing a new system of entering your recipes this month; ADD your recipe link to the Simply Linked box below; it’s EASY and then all I have to do it swoop around at the end of the month the gather them all up for my MEGA ROUND UP!
Bienvenue! I'm Karen; it’s lovely to see you here. I am a freelance travel and food writer and recipe developer with a passion for art, travel, books, photography, seasonal food and especially cheese! Read More…
Wartime “Ration Book” Recipes