November Cooking with Herbs Blog Challenge:
Just COOK with Herbs!
Welcome to a NEW Cooking with Herbs challenge! Last month saw more amazing entries from all of you, and you can check out the round-up here: October Cooking with Herbs Round-Up. November is here already, and it arrived with much colder weather and shrouded in mists, well for me anyway……and the last of my annual herbs have nearly all gone now – killed off by the frosts that we have had these last few days. But, my hardy herbs such as sage, rosemary and thyme are still doing well, and believe it or not, I still have some Greek basil OUTDOORS and thriving! Although it is always better to use fresh herbs, I think, dried herbs and herbal oils and vinegar provide us with aromatic flavouring throughout the winter months as well. And, if you have dried your own herbs at home, even better, as I find my own home-dried herbs always have a better aroma and colour than commercial dried herbs. With the idea of dried herbs being used more now, I have a lovely little gift to offer this months winner, a set of Herb Labels for all your jars and pots of herbs!
On to the challenge, which is as always, just to COOK or BAKE with herbs! And, I will be interested to see how many of you use dried herbs this month too! Have a wonderfully herbal month and I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!
Grab the badge here:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/" title="Cooking with Herbs"><img src="http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Cooking-with-Herbs-300x252.png" alt="Cooking with Herbs" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of the appropriate month’s challenge, including your email and the title of your recipe or post.
2. Display the Cooking with Herbs badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to the monthly challenge post.
3. Add as many recipe links as you like, there is NO limit and the recipes and posts can be from any day, NOT just Saturday!
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #cookingwithherbs and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see. If a guest blogger is hosting, please add them into the tweet too! (They will add their name in the appropriate post)
5. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Herbs on Saturday badge.
6. A guest blogger will choose their favourite recipe at the end of each month, and the winner of that recipe will receive the book that has been featured for that month.
7. If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.