Sugar & Spice for November and December!
Cooking with Herbs Challenge
Welcome to the NEW Cooking with Herbs challenge and I am so SORRY I am late posting this! However, I DO have a very good reason, I have been away from home with limited wi-fi, time and NO laptop with me! Anyway, I am here now and here is the NEW challenge for NOVEMBER and DECEMBER!
Starting today, the 7th November and running right through to the 28th of December, I want your wonderful herbal recipes, and also any recipes with sugar and spices in them! So, it’s a spicy and herbal challenge with a but of sugar too……..BUT, any recipe WITH just herbs is also welcome, the sugar and spice is just a seasonable theme for the festive season…… but any recipes with or without sugar and spices are also welcome! For example, you might want to make some preserved fruits with spices such as my Spiced Brandy Soused Clementines recipe, or maybe even a pickle like my Spiced Runner Bean Pickle………and don’t forget recipes for the season with herbs too – I am very find of this recipe for Rosemary Flower Butter with Grana Padano Cheese, which would be a welcome addition to any seasonal and festive table.
The choice, as they say, is YOURS! With apologies again for the late start of this new challenge, and also for my late “round-up” post, that WILL be posted soon! a BIG thanks to all who entered last month, until I share the round-up, you can see all the entries here:
I think it’s nice to share in blogging, so, I would just like to shout out for my friend Vanesther’s own SPICE challenge, The Spice Trail…….why not enter her challenges for November and December too……we both accept entries that have been shared with other events, so why not share the herb and spice love?
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of the appropriate month’s challenge, including your email and the title of your recipe or post.
2. Display the Cooking with Herbs badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to the monthly challenge post.
3. Add as many recipe links as you like, there is NO limit!
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #cookingwithherbs and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see. If a guest blogger is hosting, please add them into the tweet too! (They will add their name in the appropriate post)
5. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Cooking with Herbs badge.
6. If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.
Grab a Badge:
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/herbs-on-saturday" title="Cooking with Herbs Lavender and Lovage"><img src="http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lavenderandlovage_cooking2.png" alt="Cooking with Herbs Lavender and Lovage" style="border:none;" /></a></div>