Loving sausage recipes from debbie&andrew’s
Today is Valentine’s Day, and so today I would like to share a new recipe that was sent to me, along with some very fine sausages, that would just fit the bill for a hearty yet romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. I’ll be sharing my adapted recipe for Pork Sausage, Leek & Apple Pies, as well as a recipe for Heart Paleo Muffins and a fabulous Give A Fig Sausage Salad. My recipes and sausages came from that great Yorkshire sausage producer, debbie&andrews, and as the weather for this year is pretty dire, to say the least, I decided to test drive the PIE recipe for our Valentine’s Day dinner.
I served these hearty pies with some home-made mushy peas in the style of a West Yorkshire Pie and Pea supper, where the peas are called “swimmers” and that was all that was needed. The pies were easy to make and the Perfect Pork Sausages that I used from debbie&andrews were just the job – they held their shape throughout cooking, didn’t shrink and tasted divine with the apple, leek and creamy cider sauce. All three of debbie&andrews Romantic Valentine’s Day recipes are shared below, with the pie recipe being shared in printable format, as I adapted it from 6 pies to 4 pies. ENJOY the recipes if you make them, and see you soon, Karen
*Disclaimer – Commissioned work with debbie&andrews*
Give A Fig Sausage Salad
This salad features juicy figs combined with tender lambs lettuce and pea shoots,with dollops of rich goats cheese that give a creamy but robust accompaniment to the properly peppery Perfect Cumberland sausages.
1 pack of debbie&andrew’s Perfect Pork Sausages
8 figs, quartered
2 red onions, peeled and quartered
200g bag mixed leaf salad
- . Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place onions in a roasting dish and lather in salt, pepper and olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Chop the debbie&andrew’s Perfect Cumberland Sausages into thick slices on the diagonal and in a non stick large fry pan, fry off over a medium/high heat until lovely and golden. Set aside.
3. Assemble your salad by layering salad leaves, red onion, sausages and figs. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, balsamic glaze and crumbled feta.
Heart Paleo Muffins
Everyone will love these delicious muffins adapted from Paleo Polly’s recipe for debbie&andrew’s. Show how much you care with this delicious stripped down version of a sausage muffin that provides a filling breakfast without the over-processed nasties. Wholesome avocado is combined with Harrogate 97% pork sausages sandwiched between two poached eggs.
2 debbie&andrew’s Harrogate 97% Pork Sausages, de-skinned
2 large eggs
1 avocado, mashed with the juice of 1 lime
100ml of water
1. Take two stainless steel 8cm cutters, and grease using olive oil.
2. In a mixing bowl, de-skin the sausages, season and mix.
3. On a plate, take the cutter and fill with the sausage meat.
4. Take a frying pan, add olive oil, and cook the sausage patty on a medium heat for around 4 minutes.
5. Flip over, cook on the other side for 4 mins – place the cutter around the meat again to retain the shape.
6. Wash and clean the cutter.
7. Take the eggs and crack into a bowl. Pierce the egg yolks with a fork.
8. In a non stick frying pan, heat some olive oil. Add the cutter to the pan. Once the olive oil is hot, pour in the egg.
9. Repeat this with the second egg. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Once the eggs are cooking add the water to the pan, reduce the heat and cover. Allow the eggs to steam for a couple of minutes.
11. Remove from the pan. Assemble the muffin by layering the sausage meat on top of the egg. Top with avocado, and add the eggy lid.
12. You can add Paleo Polly’s paleo ketchup for tomato sauce fans.
And For Extra Love……
debbie&andrew’s are offering 50p off vouchers to fans so that there’s no excuse to not share some extra sausages this Spring. Simply go to: www.debbieandandrews.co.uk/coupon and follow the instructions. To follow news on debbie&andrew’s latest charity projects, recipes and products plans, follow Facebook www.facebook.com/debbieandandrews or Twitter @d_a_sausages
- All debbie&andrew’s premium sausages are wheat, gluten and dairy free
- Recipes for debbie&andrews here: debbie&andrews recipes