- 4 eggs
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 400 g unpeeled almonds, coarsley chopped
- 75 g candied orange peel, finely chopped
- 1 lemons, grated rind and juice
- 0.25 nutmeg, finely grated
- 5 g ground cinnamon
- 20 ml rose water
- 15 g icing sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 5.
2. Using either a hand whisk or electric hand whisk, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until it resembles thick cream.
3. Gradually add the almonds, candied orange peel, lemon rind, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Place rice paper onto a baking sheet and spoon approximately two tablespoons of the mixture per cookie, onto the rice paper.
5. Smooth the dough with a knife dipped into rose water to prevent it from sticking.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm to touch.
7. Remove cookies and allow to cool slightly.
8. Mix the icing sugar with lemon juice to form a paste and drizzle over the warm cookies.