December Herbs on Saturday:
Win a Cath Kidston Christmas Decorations Book
Welcome to the NEW December Herbs on Saturday Challenge! Before I tell you about the special challenge I have planned for your this month, I would like to say a HUGE thanks to Jen over at Blue Kitchen Bakes for guest hosting the event for November! She has posted a LOVELY November Round-Up, so do pop over there to see what herby delights were entered last month. This month I have a very CRAFTY project for you, not only am I accepting recipes with HERBS in them, but I am also accepting ANY crafts that use herbs of spices…..homemade Christmas decorations, or potpourri, or even wreathes, they are all welcome here! All you have to do is add your blog link to the linky at the end of this post and that’s all that is needed to enter! The best entry at the end of the month, will win a lovely book – Cath Kidston Christmas Decorations Book
“This Christmas, why not let Cath Kidston decorate your Christmas tree?
Make Your Own Christmas Decorations includes templates and sewing instructions for 12 different felt ornaments. The book also contains sheets of coloured felt in six different shades, pompoms, and embroidery thread (stuffing not included), which can be used to create a delightful collection of felt ornaments including a Christmas Pudding, Gift-Wrapped Present, Striped Stocking, Frosty Snowman, Winter Reindeer, Holly and Berries and, of course, a Festive Stanley. The book details exactly how to use the enclosed pack of materials to create the ornaments, with each stage detailed clearly in the explanatory step-by-step photographs.
Make Your Own Christmas Decorations is perfect fun for all the family, for that homemade Christmas feel.”
Herbs on Saturday
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of the appropriate month’s challenge, including your email and the title of your recipe or post.
2. Display the Herbs on Saturday badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to the monthly challenge post.
3. Add as many recipe or craft links as you like, there is NO limit and the recipes and craft posts can be from any day, NOT just Saturday!
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #herbsonsaturday and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see. If a guest blogger is hosting, please add them into the tweet too! (They will add their name in the appropriate post)
5. The recipe or craft can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Herbs on Saturday badge.
6. A guest blogger will choose their favourite recipe or craft at the end of each month, and the winner of that recipe will receive the book that has been featured for that month.
A BIG congratulations to last month’s winner Louisa at Chez Foti for her Roasted Wild Mushroom Pizza too!
So let’s GET very crafty and cook, bake or make something with HERBS!
Herbs on Saturday is a Recipe Sharing Blog Challenge……a simple and easy way to share recipes throughout the month and also a chance to learn new ways to cook with herbs, as well as discover new blogs and blogger chums! Add your recipe to the linky below:
Thanks for letting me host last month Karen, I really enjoyed reading everyone’s entries. Looking forward to seeing all the festive entries this month 🙂
The thanks has to be for you too, you made a GREAT hostess! Karen 🙂
rita cooks italian says
What a great book dear Karen. I’ve already a recipe for your Herbs on Saturday! I just signed into my blog and noticed that you left a very nice comment. Thank you. The first attempt was fine…I deleted the second. I look forward to link my recipe.
Thanks Rita, I am looking forward to seeing what you come up up with. I am sure it will be absolutely delightful, Karen
lovely idea… I want that book!
Thanks Dom, look forward to seeing what herbal delight you come up with, Karen
What a lovely book! I shall without doubt be entering!
Great Louisa, you have become a bit of a herbs on Saturday legend! Look forward to seeing what you make, bake or cook! Karen