Win a Veetee Egg Fried Rice & Wholegrain Rice
I am a bit of a fan of ready-to-eat and re-heat rice, it really helps out in the kitchen on busy days, and Veetee is one of my favourite brands and I always have some of their “Dine In” ready cooked rice trays in my store cupboard. But now Veetee have two new kids on the block, Egg Fried Rice Trays and Wholegrain Rice Trays and I am loving these two new additions to their rice stable! The lovely people over at Veetee want all Lavender and Lovage readers to try their new rice trays, so they have very kindly offered a Family Size Rice Hamper as a prize, which comprises:
- 3 trays new Veetee Egg Fried Rice
- 3 trays new Veetee Wholegrain rice
- 2 rice bowls
- A wooden rice spoon
- A red silicone oven mitt
- Ingredients: fresh mixed peppers, fresh British chillies, Sweet Chilli sauce, Spanish chorizo and coconut milk
As well as this fabulous prize, they have also sent over THREE lovely new recipes for all my readers to try, which I have shared below!
Cheesy Spinach Rice Quiche
Preparation time: 25 minutes
• 1 dish of Veetee Egg Fried Rice
• A knob of butter
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 100g fresh spinach
• 150ml milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 handfuls of mature cheddar, plus extra for topping
• Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. In a saucepan over a medium heat, saute the onions and butter until soft. Add the spinach and fry until just wilted. Tip in the rice, mix well, then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs.
4. Add the cheese and rice mixture to the bowl and combine well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour into a non-stick casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbling on top.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.
Asian Chicken & Wholegrain Brown Rice Soup
Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp red curry paste
400ml can coconut milk
500ml chicken stock
Knob of ginger, chopped into large chunks
1 green pepper, chopped
1 chicken breast, diced
1 dessertspoon of sugar
1 tray of Veetee Wholegrain Brown Rice
100g prawns, defrosted
Coriander, for garnishing
1. Add all the ingredients to the pan, and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked through.
2. Add the tray of rice to the pan and bring back to simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add the prawns if using.
3. Remove the ginger and serve in bowls, garnishing with the fresh coriander.
Greek Style Rice Salad
1 x dish of Veetee Wholegrain Brown Rice
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
3 spring onions, finely sliced
10 black olives, halved
¼ cucumber, seeds removed and diced
Juice from ½ lemon
1 tsp oregano
½ tin mixed beans, drained (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Microwave Veetee wholegrain brown rice according to pack insturctions.
2. Tip into a large bowl along with all the other ingredients.
3. Combine thoroughly using a large spoon and serve warm.
To enter this Giveaway, all you have to do is the following:
1. Complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries – THREE mandatory questions will appear, which you need to answer by leaving an answer to the question shown above at the bottom of the post, liking the Veetee Official Facebook page and liking my Facebook Page, before going back to the Rafflecopter form and hitting “Enter”. (After this, you can complete the bonus entries as explained on the form to increase your odds of winning – you can also return daily to tweet this for more bonus entries)
2. Entries are by blog comment, Twitter, Facebook etc
3. Closing Date: August 31st 2014
(For more information on how to enter blog giveaways using Rafflecopter please see this short video
You can win more bonus entries by tweeting on a daily basis.
It’s EASY! Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf. For information on finding the URL of your tweet please see this
Link to ALL my current Giveaways is here: