– October Tea Time Treats –
Cooking and Baking with VEGETABLES!
Welcome to a NEW challenge of Tea Time Treats for OCTOBER! Tea Time Treats is in its THIRD year, and October 2014 marks its THIRD birthday – this is the 36th challenge! I love hosting it along with my co-host Jane of The Hedgecombers………on-line baking and cooking challenges come and go, but we are still here with an army of loyal bakers and cooks who enter their fabulous creations every month, and I would like to extend a BIG thanks to all of you who make this challenge so tasty and interesting!
Whilst I am on the subject of cooking challenges, I thought it would be nice to mention a few other “long-term” blog challenges that I love to enter, as well as ones that have a real theme and reason behind them………this is NOT a definitive list by any means, and apologies to any I have missed, but these are challenges that I enjoy entering on a regular basis and I thought it might be nice to share them with my readers:
My own Cooking with Herbs challenge
So, what is the TEA TIME TREATS challenge for OCTOBER? Well, it’s a simple and seasonal one, it’s VEGETABLES! What I am after are recipes, SWEET and SAVOURY that use vegetables in them, OR that are shaped like vegetables…….recipes that have caught my eye are Dom’s carrot, banana and walnut tray bake with an orange and cognac glaze – see above – and these:
- Post your recipe on your blog with a link to Lavender and Lovage and The Hedgec0mbers, mention the relevant month’s host and attach the Tea Time Treats logo as shown on the event page.
- Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a label/tag.
- The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
- Please be as creative with the theme as you like.
- If you put your post on twitter please mention @KarenBurnsBooth @HedgeComber and #teatimetreats in your message and we will retweet all those we see.
- You do not need to enter every month to join in with the challenge.
- Your post can be submitted for other blogging challenges, just make sure this complies with the rules of the other challenge.
- VIP: Add your recipe link to the live linky posted at the bottom of every challenge post.
- If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.
PLEASE join in the baking fun!
Grab a Badge:
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/tea-time-treats" title="Tea Time Treats"><img src="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lavenderandlovage_teatime.png" alt="Tea Time Treats" style="border:none;" /></a></div>