Easter Bakes & Cakes: CookBlogShare Week 12 – Welcome to Week 12 of Cook Blog Share. This week I am highlighting Easter Bakes & Cakes. So, PLEASE DO join in!
Cook Blog Share Week 12
Hello and welcome to Cook Blog Share Week 12, where I’ve shared an Easter theme, with Easter Bakes & Cakes. Easter week is just 2 weeks away, and I thought it would be nice to share some wonderful spring recipes, cakes and bakes included, as well as bread and chocolates.
Last week Sisley hosted Cook Blog Share, and her Family Favourite Meat Dishes was very popular, with some wonderful recipes for tasty family suppers and tea. I love simple family meals, especially for midweek when time may be at a premium, AND especially as most children have now gone back to school.
Easter Bakes & Cakes
But, as I mentioned above, today’s theme for Cook Blog Share is Easter Bakes & Cakes, and before I share some of my favourite recipes, I want to highlight some recipes from last week’s linky. There were all sorts of wonderful entries, but it was the following four recipes that I bookmarked, as they looked so seasonal.
Delectable lightly spiced and fruited homemade vegan hot cross buns for Easter. With wholemeal spelt flour and only a little sugar, this recipe is healthier than many but doesn’t compromise on festive munchiness. As yeast buns go, these are some of the easiest to make.
These moist and fudgy Chocolate Cadburys Mini Egg Brownies are the perfect Easter treat. Loaded with everyone’s favorite mini Easter eggs, whip up a batch of these for friends and you’ll be more popular than the Easter Bunny.
This recipe is very popular at Christmas, but I tend to make it any time I want something slightly different than just traditional chocolate truffles. The addition of cake crumbs in this rum truffle recipe is just genius, and it makes these ever so slightly addictive.
A traditional Gluten Free Simnel Cake recipe decorated with marzipan for Mothering Sunday and Easter. Optional dairy free. This GF Simnel Cake looks absolutely amazing, and I would love to see it on my Easter Table!
More Easter Bakes & Cakes
- Easter Nest Cupcakes for the Easter Weekend Tea Time Table
- Little Easter Cakes: Mini Chocolate Drizzle Bundt Cakes
- A BIG Easter Cake! Creme Egg Chocolate Drizzle Cake
- LEMON SHORTBREAD SQUARES
I hope you will join in this week, I’d love to see anything you’ve made for Spring, bakes, cakes, bread or just some lovely family meals. All you have to do is to follow the instructions below to add your recipes to this week’s Cook Blog Share linky.
And, I am delighted to say that my lovely friend Choclette from Tin & Thyme is hosting Cook Blog Share next week for week 13, so please bookmark that date. That’s all for today, cannot wait to see what you have been baking and cooking, bye for now, Karen
Join in for #CookBlogShare Week 12
And now to WEEK 12 link up of #CookBlogShare 2021 If you’ve got a recipe to share, this is the place to do it!
Non-bloggers – skip to the bottom of the page and click on the thumbnails that catch your eye to take you to the website where the recipe can be found. Remember they will be added to as the week goes on, so don’t forget to pop back and take a look again later.
Bloggers Linking up this week?
- It is easy to link up, make sure you have this link in your blog post: https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/?p=71795
- You can link up any foodie posts you have. Both old and new posts are welcome as long as they have not been linked to #CookBlogShare before. All you need to do is:
- Link up a recipe or foodie post by clicking the blue ‘add your link’ button below and following the instructions. You can link up to 4 posts.
- We would love it if you add the #CookBlogShare badge to your post but if you prefer not to add the badge that is ok too (Code below – for WordPress copy and paste the code below into the text view of your post or a custom html block if using Gutenberg). BUT please link from your post back to this post (so everyone else can find it and link up too!)
- Comment on some of the other recipes linked up here (at least 2 for each link added but the more you can the better) and generally share the love with a bit of social media action!
- Plus comment on either this post or one of the posts labelled HOST in the linky.
Just to remind you, by joining in you are giving the #CookBlogShare hosts permission to use your pictures in a roundup and on social media if your recipe is selected as one of our favourites!
Don’t forget to add #CookBlogShare to your Instagram post and check out/comment on what others are posting on the #CookBlogShare feed.
You can also post your recipe on the Cook Blog Share Facebook Page.
I will visit every post linked up, pin the recipes to our #CookBlogShare group board and tweet the recipes.
If you wish, you can tweet me a link to your recipe @KarenBurnsBooth as well as (if you have room on the tweet!) my co-host @SewWhite using the #CookBlogShare hashtag and we will retweet all that we see. Although if I’m totally honest I’m not that active on Twitter.
I will also comment on as many recipes as possible.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE ALL BEEN COOKING AND BAKING THIS WEEK!