A selection of Sides and Salads for #CookBlogShare Week 17. With the weather hotting up in the UK, I’m featuring Sides and Salads this week.
Welcome to CookBlogShare Week 17: Sides and Salads. Often relegated to the, well the side, or classed as just an accompaniment, I often think that sides and salads are the quiet and unassuming stars of the show.
I’ve highlighted four salads and sides in today’s round up of week 16, and I am sure they will be wonderful accompaniments for the coming BBQ and Picnic season in the UK, which I for one cannot wait to embrace.
With a BIG THANKS to lovely Kate, from Gluten Free Alchemist, who was last week’s host for Cook Blog Share, please do pop over there to see her lovely round-up of recipes, and the delectable recipes that were added to the linky for week 16.
Just one final note before I share the recipes, and add the linky to join in with week 17 #CookBlogShare; we have NOBODY to host next week’s Cook Blog Share, which starts on the 4th May. If you fancy being a host for the week, PLEASE do contact me or Sisley, thanks! Karen
CookBlogShare Week 17: Sides and Salads
This 20 minute Spicy Chickpea Buddha Bowl makes a perfect breakfast, lunch or dinner on those busy days when time is limited but you still want something delicious and nutritious. Packed full of flavour and easily adapted to suit what you happen to have in your fridge, it’ll become your go-to too!
Never quite sure how to cook rice? This recipe is for you. This easy Coconut Rice with Lime is a failsafe way to fluffy rice that’s never mushy or undercooked. Delicately flavoured with coconut milk and lime, this is a tried and tested side with cooking instructions for both the stovetop and a rice cooker.
Potato salad with summery broad beans, peas and a lovely light lemon and dill dressing. No mayo. An excellent BBQ side and SO delicious with grilled fish or chicken.
If you’ve never tried a samphire salad then you need to! This vibrant salad is salty from the samphire, juicy and sweet from the tomatoes and acidic from the balsamic vinegar. It’s a great combination of complementary flavours and delicious with summer fish or chicken dishes. It’s even great by itself!
More Featured Sides and Salads from Week 16
- SPICY CHICKPEA SALAD WITH HARISSA DRESSING by Lost in Food
- RECIPE: CARROT AND SWEDE MASH WITH GARLIC BUTTER by The Veg Space
- Stilton, Apple & Walnut Salad by Curly’s Cooking
Sides and Salads on Lavender & Lovage
- Cheesy Roast New Potatoes with Wild Garlic
- Whole Roast Cauliflower Cheese with Wild Garlic
- Bacon, New Potato & Green Bean Salad
- A Classic Greek Salad Recipe
And now to WEEK 17 link up of #CookBlogShare 2021 If you’ve got a recipe to share, this is the place to do it!
Non-bloggers – skip to the bottom of the page and click on the thumbnails that catch your eye to take you to the website where the recipe can be found. Remember they will be added to as the week goes on, so don’t forget to pop back and take a look again later.
Bloggers Linking up this week?
- It is easy to link up, make sure you have this link in your blog post: https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2021/04/cookblogshare-week-17-sides-and-salads.html
- You can link up any foodie posts you have. Both old and new posts are welcome as long as they have not been linked to #CookBlogShare before. All you need to do is:
- Link up a recipe or foodie post by clicking the blue ‘add your link’ button below and following the instructions. You can link up to 4 posts.
- We would love it if you add the #CookBlogShare badge to your post but if you prefer not to add the badge that is ok too (Code below – for WordPress copy and paste the code below into the text view of your post or a custom html block if using Gutenberg). BUT please link from your post back to this post (so everyone else can find it and link up too!)
- Comment on some of the other recipes linked up here (at least 2 for each link added but the more you can the better) and generally share the love with a bit of social media action!
- Plus comment on either this post or one of the posts labelled HOST in the linky.
Just to remind you, by joining in you are giving the #CookBlogShare hosts permission to use your pictures in a roundup and on social media if your recipe is selected as one of our favourites!
Don’t forget to add #CookBlogShare to your Instagram post and check out/comment on what others are posting on the #CookBlogShare feed.
You can also post your recipe on the Cook Blog Share Facebook Page.
I will visit every post linked up, pin the recipes to our #CookBlogShare group board and tweet the recipes.
If you wish, you can tweet me a link to your recipe @KarenBurnsBooth as well as (if you have room on the tweet!) my co-host @SewWhite using the #CookBlogShare hashtag and we will retweet all that we see. Although if I’m totally honest I’m not that active on Twitter.
I will also comment on as many recipes as possible.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE ALL BEEN COOKING AND BAKING THIS WEEK!