- 8 ounces (225g) fresh cranberries, washed and wiped
- 4 ounces (110g) fresh kumquats, cut in to 3 even pieces with pips taken out
- 1/4 pint (150ml) orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 ounces (110g) sugar, of your choice
- 4 tablespoons ruby port, of your choice
- Put the cranberries, kumquats, orange juice and cinnamon stick into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the sugar.
- Cook gently until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce has thickened – for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the port and serve.
- TO FREEZE:.
- Cool after stirring in the port and pack into a freezer container. To use, thaw overnight.