My recipe for Gluten Free Hash Brown Cheese Quiche is a fabulous way to use frozen hash browns, which makes a wonderful crunchy and crispy gluten free crust.
Using ONLY Five Ingredients
My recipe for Gluten Free Hash Brown Cheese Quiche is a fabulous way to use frozen hash browns, which makes a wonderful crunchy and crispy gluten free crust. You can assemble this the night before you want to bake it, making it a great recipe for festive family gatherings, such as Christmas and Thanksgiving.
I’ve used mature Cheddar cheese, but any hard cheese works in this recipe, such as Cheshire, Wensleydale, Lancashire, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester cheese. I have suggested using normal yellow or white onions, but red onions or spring onions would be equally as delicious.
Try to use a mixture of cherry tomatoes in different colours, although again, any tomatoes will be great in this recipe. You will need to defrost your hash browns before making them into the quiche crust, and make sure your flan dish or pie plate is well greased before moulding the hash brown crust.
Garnish with basil leaves and serve with salad leaves for a wonderful light lunch or supper; this would also be a fabulous dish for breakfast or brunch. With only five ingredients, this is an easy and handy recipe to have up your sleeve, especially as most people will have them in their freezer, fridge or vegetable box.
Substitutions & Optional Extras
- Add crispy cooked bacon for a meat version.
- Add smoked salmon, capers, chopped dill with a tablespoon of sour cream to the filling.
- Use red onions or spring onions.
- You can use chopped, cooked ham and cooked mushrooms too.
- Blue cheese is also lovely when used in this recipe, use half blue cheese and half Cheddar cheese.
- Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes for a Mediterranean version.
More Quiche, Flan and Tart Recipes
- Egg & Bacon Flan
- Old-Fashioned Tomato Pie
- Gluten Free Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Rainbow Heirloom Tomato Tart
Pin Me for Later
More Cheese Recipes
- Cottage Cheese Griddle Cakes
- Cheese & Lentil Slice
- Cranks Cheese Scones
- Bacon, Cheese & Onion Spelt Muffins
Step-by-Step Method Photos
Pin Me Too
Recipe for Gluten Free Hash Brown Cheese Quiche
- Vegetable oil or butter
- 650g defrosted frozen hash browns
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 6 free range eggs, beaten
- 180g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 115g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/400 F and Gas mark 6. Butter or grease an 8" (20cm) deep pie tin or flan dish.
- Crumble the defrosted hash browns, until they are like fine bread crumbs.
- Spoon the hash browns into the greased pie tin or flan dish and using the back of a spoon, flatten and push the hash browns up the side of the tin/dish to make an even crust .
- Scatter the onions into the hash brown crust and then sprinkle half of the cheese over the top.
- Scatter the halved tomatoes over the cheese, season the eggs and then pour the beaten seasoned eggs into the pie crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the egg mixture, and bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling has set and is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving in wedges.
Add crispy cooked bacon for a meat version.
Add smoked salmon, capers, chopped dill with a tablespoon of sour cream to the filling.
Use red onions or spring onions.
You can use chopped, cooked ham and cooked mushrooms too.
Blue cheese is also lovely when used in this recipe, use half blue cheese and half Cheddar cheese.
Add some olives and sun-dried tomatoes for a Mediterranean version.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 477Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 221mgSodium 349mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 16g