Spicy Welsh Rarebit, TOAST, on TOAST & TOASTIES!
Tea Time Treats
Welcome to Tea Time Treats for February! Before I launch into the theme for this month, please DON’T forget to take a look at the amazing round-up from last month over at The Hedgecombers, where Janie was in the driving seat for January and was monitoring everyone’s lunch boxes!
And now back to February…..and this month’s theme is one we have never featured before, and I cannot for the life of me think why! It’s:
TOAST, on Toast or Toasties
This month’s theme can be any of the following, or anything I’ve forgotten to add!
On toast such as beans, egg, cheese etc
Toasted buns, crumpets, muffins etc
Bread or baked goods that are perfect for toasting!
Toast used in main meals, starters, desserts etc
A preserve, spread or topping that is made to be served on toast
Anything that is toasted!
To kick this month’s theme and Tea Time Treats linky party off, here’s my recipe for POTTED CHEESE WELSH RAREBIT:
POTTED CHEESE WELSH RAREBIT
Serves 2 people
2 x bread buns, cut in half or 4 slices of bread
1 x pot of Not your Usual Potted Cheese
A little butter
1. Heat the grill or the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Line a grill pan or oven tray with greaseproof paper and lay the bread bun halves or slices of bread on the lined tray.
3. Spreads the slices of bread with a little butter and grill until the bread is toasted; then turn the bread over and spread the Not your Usual Potted Cheese over the top, making sure it extends to the edges of the bread.
4. Place under the grill or in the oven and cook until the potted cheese has melted and is bubbling.
5. Serve immediately with Pickled Onions or Chutney on the side. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
To join in Tea Time Treats all you have to do is:
(If you’re new, please visit our FAQ page for full details of the Tea Time Treats linky party)
2. Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a label or tag
3. Linking up to archived posts is fine, just please add the above information to the post
4. Only use recipes and photographs that are your own.
Include the hashtag #TeaTimeTreats & tag us both in your social shares & we’ll like/retweet all that we see.
And finally, We will share round ups on our Tea Time Treats pinterest board every month.
Grab the link below to add this Tea Time Treats linky party to your recipe or post – SHARE the love!