An Invitation to Tea!
~ Tea Time Treats ~
A Monthly Tea Party challenge
Welcome to Tea Time Treats, a monthly blogging and baking event that is hosted by by Karen from Lavender and Lovage, Manjiri from Travels for Taste and Jo from Jo’s Kitchen on alternate months. This monthly challenge covers one of our most delightful and eternally popular British institutions, Tea Time. Not just cakes and scones either, but pies and more filling supper dishes come under this culinary umbrella, from afternoon teas of delicate and elegant bakes to the more rustic and filling pleasures of high tea and farmhouse suppers, it’s all showcased in this exciting blogging event. All teatime treats, whether sweet or savoury, breads, scones, sandwiches, pies, pasties, cakes, tarts, desserts, conserves or biscuits (plus many, many more!) will be featured over the coming months. Each monthly challenge will suggest and involve a certain style of bake or popular teatime ingredient, and Karen and Jane will be following the seasons with an eye on many popular feasts and festivals throughout the year. For those of you who are interested in the difference between Afternoon Tea and High Tea, please visit this extremely helpful website here.
Tea Time Treats Rules and Guidelines:
Tea Time Treats is a monthly blogging event that showcases treats from our favourite meal of the day: teatime! Hosted alternate months by Karen from Lavender and Lovage, Manjiri from Travels for Taste and Jo from Jo’s Kitchen; each challenge involves a style of bake or popular teatime ingredient. All teatime treats, whether sweet or savoury, breads, pies, pasties, cakes, tarts, desserts, conserves or biscuits (plus many, many more!) will be featured over the coming months.
Please take time to read through the rules and guidelines below and do not hesitate to contact us if you need to know more about this event and how to participate. So, all that remains for us to say is, have fun and LET’S BAKE!
- Post your recipe on your blog with a link to Lavender and Lovage, Travels for Taste and Jo’s Kitchen and mention the relevant month’s host and attach the Tea Time Treats logo as shown on the event page.
- Add Tea Time Treats in your blog post as a label/tag.
- The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge.
- Please be as creative with the theme as you like.
- If you put your post on twitter please mention @KarenBurnsBooth, @travelsfortaste, @Jos_Kitchen and #teatimetreats in your message and we will re-tweet all those we see.
- You do not need to enter every month to join in with the challenge.
- Your post can be submitted for other blogging challenges, just make sure this complies with the rules of the other challenge.
- VIP: Add your recipe link to the live linky posted at the bottom of every challenge post.
- If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.
PLEASE join in the baking fun!
Grab a Badge:
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/tea-time-treats" title="Tea Time Treats"><img src="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/lavenderandlovage_teatime.png" alt="Tea Time Treats" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Current Tea Time Treats Challenge: