- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 450g jar or carton tomato passata
- good pinch of dried oregano, to taste
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 egg, beaten
- 25g butter
- 100g grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Heat a wok or large, deep frying pan with the olive oil. Crumble the beef into the pan and stir-fry over a high heat for 2 minutes to break up the meat and brown it.
Pour the Bolognese sauce over the spaghetti and then cover with the grated mozzarella cheese before baking for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Serve cut into wedges/slice with Parmesan cheese, large mixed salad and bread.