We Should Cocoa Linky Party for May:
Welcome to May’s We Should Cocoa linky party and blog challenge! As you know We Should Cocoa is the choclatey brainchild of Choclette from Tin and Thyme, (formerly Chocolate Log Blog) and it is a challenge very close to my heart, as it was the FIRST challenge I entered nearly four years ago as a rookie blogger! This month, May, I am very honoured to be the guest host for this popular challenge and my theme for the merry month of May is:
Vanilla is a flavour derived from orchids of the genus Vanilla, primarily from the Mexican species, flat-leaved vanilla (V. planifolia). The word vanilla, derived from the diminutive of the Spanish word vaina (vaina itself meaning sheath or pod), translates simply as “little pod”. Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican people cultivated the vine of the vanilla orchid, called tlilxochitl by the Aztecs. Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés is credited with introducing both vanilla and chocolate to Europe in the 1520s.
We use it ALL the time, in baking and cooking – there’s pods, extract and paste, and it is my favourite flavouring for all sorts of recipes. So, for May’s We Should Cocoa, all you need to do is cook or bake with chocolate AND vanilla! Simples! I hope you all join in this month, and we look forward seeing all your vanilla recipes!
Karen and Choclette
How to enter:
- Post your recipe on your blog – accompanying photographs would be nice. Do please make sure you have permission to use any photos that are not your own.
- Mention “We Should Cocoa” in your post and link back to me here, Lavender and Lovage and to Tin and Thyme.
- Only one entry per challenge please and it must be posted in the relevant month, which is MAY.
- Entry is via linky below.
- Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of May.
- The round-up of entries will be posted on the relevant host’s blog on or before the last day of the month.
- If mentioning on Twitter, use the tag #weshouldcocoa and we’ll endeavour to retweet any we see.
- Please feel free to add your entry to the We Should Cocoa group board on Pinterest. If you are not already a member and would like to join, please ask Choclette.