Heathrow Terminal 5
As a Food and Travel writer and blogger, I am often in need of an overnight stay in an airport hotel, for all of those early flights I take; the Travelodge at Heathrown Terminal 5 (T5) is one that I have stayed at often, as it’s handy for BA flights, and is reasonably priced. So, when I was asked if I would like to stay there as part of a review scheme, I was keen to accept as I had an early, long-haul flight coming up to Sri Lanka, so a stay in the Heathrow T5 hotel would be extremely convenient! The hotel is easily accessed from the London Underground, via the regular Hopper Bus service, for those who are travelling by public transport, as I was. The cost for a ticket is £5 single from the airport terminal or £9 return, and only takes between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on the traffic. You need to travel on bus numbers H57 or H59 and the service runs daily from 04:21, and then every 30 mins until the last bus at 23.43.
There is also a useful car parking facility available whilst customers are resident at the hotel for up to a maximum of five consecutive nights – price plans vary between £1 for one hour and £8 for twenty-four hours. The hotel is situated off Calder Way and the rooms are well insulated from the constant flight noise, making sure you have a fighting chance of a good night’s sleep! My room was situated on the first floor, near the lifts, and was a large double room with a spacious office style bench running the full length of one wall, with an en-suite shower and WC as well as the all important King-size Travelodge Dreamer Bed – made exclusively by Sleepeezee. The bed was EXTREMELY comfy with crisp white linen and lots of pillows. I was able to connect to the hotel **wi-fi (included in my review package) and the shower room and WC was clean with plenty of fresh towels, as well as shampoo, soap and body wash. **(WiFi* – 30 minutes FREE per day, 24 hours for just £3)
I had breakfast included in the review package, but not an evening meal; as I checked in at the earliest time of 3pm, I needed a meal that evening, so chose to dine in the hotel’s cafe/bar. The menu was varied with plenty of options for meat eaters, as well as vegetarians, and the prices were very reasonable, making it the perfect choice for family travellers. There were burgers, pizzas, salads, steaks, pies, chilli, pasta and fish dishes to choose from, with prices ranging from £6:00 to £12:00 for a main meal – I chose an excellent Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza ; there are also lighter options (with calories counted) for those watching their weight. There is a special Rise and Dine package, a delicious unlimited breakfast with Lavazza coffee for only £7.95 per adult, and children can eat FREE! I was very impressed with what was on offer, especially the fresh fruit and organic yoghurt options.
My very comfortable stay cost £45 for a double room, plus £3 for 24hrs wi-fi and £7:95 for a full and unlimited breakfast. Travelodge to offer some rooms for a fabulous £29 per night, you need to book early on-line to get this super low rate, and they are only on offer outside inner London. As well as a large and amazingly comfy bed, I was pleased to see tea and coffee-making facilities in my room too, and you can ask to use a hair-dryer at reception if you need one. My overall impression of this budget hotel was that you DO NOT need to spend a fortune to get a good night’s sleep near the airport, and although the rooms were simply furnished, they were clean with all the necessary extras, including a TV and plenty of hanging space with coat hangers and spare blankets and pillows.
Fact File – Travelodge Heathrow T5:
- This hotel has an on-site restaurant and bar that serves breakfast and tasty evening meals.
- Wake up to a delicious unlimited breakfast, now with Lavazza coffee for only £7.95 per adult, and kids eat free.
- The dinner menu now offers more choice with meal deals:
- ANY** 2 courses and a drink – £12.95
Selected main and a soft drink – £9.95
- WiFi is available throughout our hotels allowing you to stay in touch when you are away from home, whether you want to search the web, email or get some work done. WiFi is free for 30 mins per day. Alternatively 24 hour access is available for £3.00. Add to your on-line booking or purchase at hotel via our WiFi log in page using a credit/debit card.
- This hotel offers convenient and affordable accommodation close to either a main airport terminal building and/or public transport links.
- Check in early from 12pm (normally 3pm). For just £10, make your stay more flexible with the option to drop off your luggage and go. Add to your online booking or call your chosen hotel directly.
- Late check out until 2pm (normally 12pm). For just £10, make your stay more flexible with the option to relax for a bit longer in your room. Add to your online booking or call your chosen hotel directly.
Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5 Hotel
Tel: 0871 984 6353?
Fax: 0203 195 5518
Sat Nav Postcode:
Disclaimer: “I am a member of the Mumsnet Bloggers Panel, a group of parent bloggers who have volunteered to review products, services, events and brands for Mumsnet. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity” Karen Burns-Booth