Plus, how to choose the right BBQ
We had an early Summer this year, during March, April and May, and it seems it is still on the cards as the forecast for the weekend is hot and sunny. So, what better way to enjoy this outdoor season than host a BBQ for close friends and family. We LOVE to eat al fresco, it’s such a sultry way of enjoying the Summer season, and a BBQ is always our preferred way of cooking.
Today’s post is all about how to host a Summer BBQ, with tips on which BBQ to buy, as well as sharing some Summer BBQ recipes too.
Buying a BBQ
Choosing the right BBQ is key to enjoying your outdoor cooking. We have a very large garden, so a large BBQ is perfect for us, as we entertain a lot too. But, for those people with small outdoor spaces, they may find this article very useful: Buying a BBQ for Small Spaces.
BBQ buying factors include:
- How Often Do You BBQ?
- Do You Have Available Storage Space?
- How Many People Are You Cooking For?
Hosting a BBQ
As for hosting a BBQ, I’ve also found this very helpful post, which may help when planning your Summer BBQ party: Planning your BBQ in a Small Space. You can really can enjoy and entertain in a very small space if you plan ahead and buy the right BBQ that suits your personal circumstances.
You’ve bought your BBQ and have sent out the invitations to your friends and family, now it’s time to plan the menu and choose the recipes. The fun bit I always like to think! And, you’ll probably need to cater for different diets too. It’s very common for me to have a party with 10 or 12 friends and have to cater for veggie, vegan and gluten free.
After all, if it’s a special occasion and you’ve not got got together for a while, you’ll want them all to feel relaxed and enjoy the food you are cooking. I’ve put together a list of some fabulous Summer BBQ recipes below, that will be sure to put the smiles on all your guest’s faces.
- Halloumi and Vegetable Kebabs (veggie)
- Marinated Tofu Steaks (vegan)
- Cajun-spiced Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burger (vegan)
- Barbecued Cucumbers with Dill and Yoghurt Sauce (veggie)
- Homemade Beef Burgers
- Spicy Lamb Skewers
- BBQ Sea Bass with Preserved Lemons
- Lemon and Sweet Pepper Chicken Kebabs Recipe
Dessert Recipes on the BBQ
More BBQ Recipes
For more BBQ recipes on Lavender & Lovage, I’ve added a list below:
- Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Tapenade Topped BBQ Cod with Hot New Potato Salad with Mint & Spring Onions
- Herb Marinated BBQ Scallop & Bacon Skewers (Kebabs)
- Chilli, Garlic & Lime Barbecued Salmon Parcels with Prawns
- Chilli and Coriander Pork Patties
- Moroccan Chicken & Apricot Salad with Tabbouleh