My recipe for today is Mexican Turkey Nacho Bake, which uses leftover turkey, so an excellent idea for post Christmas or Thanksgiving!
A GREAT Turkey Leftovers Recipe
It’s easily assembled and packs a spicy punch, plus the nacho topping really adds texture to this tasty bake.
Adjust the chilli seasoning according to taste, and serve this spicy turkey bake with salsa, extra tortilla chips, lime wedges and guacamole if you have time to make some.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 red pepper, finely sliced
1 tomato, finely chopped
2 tbsps tomato purée
2 tsps ground cumin
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 x sachet smoky fajita mix
300g cooked turkey meat, dark meat shredded and white meat finely chopped
1 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
½ lime, juiced
100g lightly salted tortilla chips
100g grated cheese, cheddar is fine
- Use leftover chicken, or even leftover roast pork.
- For an extra spicy kick, add pickled jalapenos to the nacho topping.
- Use kidney beans if you cannot source black beans.
More Leftover Recipes
- Turkey, Stuffing, Bacon & Cranberry Club Sandwich
- North Country Creamed Turkey & Celery Hash
- Yorkshire Potted Ham
More Turkey Recipes
- Easy Bánh Mì Sub Sandwich
- Turkey Hash Cakes with Quick Pickled Cauliflower & Clementines
- Healthy Turkey Ragu Nachos
More Mexican Recipes
- Mexican Casserole
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower in a Spicy Mexican Sauce
- Steak and Mexican Bean Salad with Baby Spinach
Pin me for Later
Recipe for Mexican Turkey Nacho Bake
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps tomato purée
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 x 28g sachet smoky fajita mix
- 300g cooked turkey meat, dark meat shredded and white meat finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ lime, juiced
- 100g lightly salted tortilla chips
- 100g grated cheese, cheddar is fine
Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Add the onion and pepper and stir-fry for 6-8 mins until golden.
Add the chopped tomato, tomato purée and the cumin, chilli flakes and smoky fajita mix.
Pour in 200ml hot water and mix everything together well. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 mins until the tomatoes have broken down.
Add the turkey, black beans and lime juice. Mix together and remove the pan from the heat.
Preheat the grill to high. Tip the turkey mixture into a baking dish.
Break the tortillas into pieces and scatter over the mix, then sprinkle over the grated cheese. Grill for 4 to 5 mins until the cheese has melted and the tortillas are lightly golden.
Serve with salsa, extra tortilla chips, lime wedges and guacamole or sour cream.
Use leftover chicken, or even leftover roast pork.
For an extra spicy kick, add pickled jalapenos to the nacho topping.
Use kidney beans if you cannot source black beans.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 26mgSodium 18mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 13gSugar 6gProtein 78g