Breakfast Week Meal Plan: Baked Full English Breakfast Recipe and 5:2 Diet Breakfast Ideas

Meal Plan for Breakfast Week: Baked Full English Breakfast Recipe and 5:2 Diet Breakfast Ideas

Breakfast Week Meal Plan:

~ Baked Full English Breakfast Recipe ~

5:2 Diet Breakfast Ideas

French Egg & Tomato Breakfast Tartine with Lovage

French Egg & Tomato Breakfast Tartine with Lovage

The house is infused with a wonderful citrus aroma as I sit and type my post this morning; a batch of three fruits marmalade is on the hob and simmering away quite happily and it smells like breakfast, that marmalade smell you get when you open a jar and spread it on toast, tangy and fresh with an air of sunnier climes about it. Marmalade is not just for breakfast of course, it is also wonderful as a savoury marinade for meat and game, as well as being sublime in a baked or steamed pudding, but, I breakfast table is not correctly dressed, in my opinion, if there isn’t at least one jar on offer. Today’s meal plan is a little different from my usual plans, as it is Farmhouse Breakfast Week, I have decided to list a plan of all of my breakfasts this week, with some accompaniment ideas too; and, not forgetting some LOW-CALORIE 5:2 diet recipes, for fast days. I am also going to be posting about a cause CLOSE to my heart, and supporting Free Range Friday on behalf of the British Hen Welfare Trust. I am sharing my latest recipe with you in this post, my FIRST new breakfast recipe, for an easy Full English Breakfast that is baked in the oven, just leaving you to fry, scramble or poach the eggs and make the toast and a pot of tea of course. I have already posted a few wonderful breakfast ideas yesterday, by way of a “teaser type trailer” post, and you can read all about #BreakfastWatch and my recipes here: Get Ready for Farmhouse Breakfast Week: Breakfast Recipes Galore! But on to my Monday Meal Plan now, as usual, I am linking up with Mrs M and her weekly Meal Planning Monday, which, is a great idea to spread and share some recipe love! Have a wonderful week, and don’t forget to breakfast like a King! Karen

Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

Monday “Breakfast” Meal Plan

Monday 21st January:

Baked Full English Breakfast (Recipe below)

Get Ready for Farmhouse Breakfast Week: Breakfast Recipes Galore!

Tuesday 22nd January:

Three Fruits Marmalade with Toast and Tea

Three Fruits Marmalade with Toast and Tea

Wednesday 23rd January:

Home-made Milk Loaf Bread

Thursday 24th January:

Low-calorie Creamy Organic Porridge with Honey

Low-Calorie Creamy Porridge with Honey

Free-Range Friday 25th January:

EGGS!

Lots of EGG recipes, all free-range of course!

Free Range Eggs

Saturday 26th January:

Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Overnight Breakfast Casserole

Sunday 27th January:

A Yorkshire Breakfast!

Yorkshire Pudding Breakfast

Here are some 5:2 Diet Fast Days Breakfast Ideas:

Blueberry & Oat Pancakes with Cinnamon Recipe

5:2 Diet Fast Day: Pancakes for Breakfast - Blueberry & Oat Pancakes with Cinnamon Recipe

Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast (190 Calories)

Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast (190 Calories)

LOW CALORIE Breakfast Omelette Recipe

Cheese & Tomato Breakfast Omelette (170 calories)

Fresh Fruit Salad

Fresh Fruit Kickstart (5:2 and Weight Watchers)

Baked Full English Breakfast Recipe:

Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

Serves 4
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Allergy Egg
Meal type Breakfast
Misc Child Friendly, Serve Hot
Occasion Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines day
Region British
By author Karen S Burns-Booth
An easy and healthier way to prepare a full English breakfast, just pop all of your ingredients to bake in the oven and cook the eggs to order at the last minute, before serving on warmed plates with toast, marmalade and a pot of tea or coffee.

Ingredients

• 8 British Pork Sausages
  • 1 x 250g Black Pudding, cut into rounds (2 slices per person)
  • 8 rashers Dry-Cure British Bacon
  • 4 to 8 eggs (you can either fry, scramble or poach them)
  • 4 slices wholemeal bread
  • a little vegetable oil or butter

Optional

• mushrooms
  • tomatoes

Note

Directions

Step 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Lightly oil a large roasting tray and add the sausages, bake them for about 10 minutes.
Step 2 Move the sausages over to one side of the tray, turning them over to brown on the other side, and then add the bacon and black pudding; bake for a further 10 to 12 minutes.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cut the bread in half and cook in a little butter or vegetable oil and then keep the bread warm in the oven with the sausages, bacon and black pudding.
Step 4 Cook your eggs to personal requirements and then serve the breakfast on warm plates, allowing 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon and 2 slices of black pudding per person. Place the fried bread on the plate and top with the cooked eggs.
Step 5 Serve immediately with toast, marmalade and a pot of tea or coffee.
Step 6 Optional extras: Fresh mushrooms and tomatoes can be added to the oven bake when the bacon and black pudding is added, add a little more oil or butter to cook them in.
Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

Baked Full English Breakfast

I am entering  this Baked Full English Breakfast into Javelin Warrior’s Made with Love Mondays – as it is cooked with love and from scratch!

JWsMadeWLuvMondays

What will you be eating for British Farmhouse Breakfast Week?

Comments

LOL not planning on changing the habit of a lifetime (well nearly) and eating breakfast just this week! I might treat myself to a full English at the weekend in honour of the event!!!!!

Enjoy yours though:)

I LOVE breakfast and never miss it so it’s really nice to see it celebrated in this way with all your gorgeous recipes and ideas! I think the world of food blogging does tend to overlook this very important meal! Thanks Karen, you have certainly inspired me to start my day with something different this week!

I love a full English, though I have to ration myself because they are just too delicious. To your recipe, I would probably have poached eggs and insist on Worcestershire sauc e (or Henderson’s). BTW, in my ideal world, baked beans are banned as an abomination! And tomatoes have to be fresh, not tinned!

I agree Rachel, I never ever have beans with an English breakfast, and only fresh tomatoes as you say, and I would go further and say no hash browns too, fried potatoes but please no hash browns! Chop sauce is my favourite, although I adore Worcester sauce in a toasted bacon butty! Karen

I’m a big fan of big breakfasts, Karen – and anything with eggs and sausage is fine by me. I’ve never had black pudding before, but it sounds intriguing… Thanks so much for sharing this bounty!

5. Rebecca says

Full English Breakfast, albeit a baked version, with scrambled eggs. I Don’t think so, an inexcusable departure from tradition. Breakfast requires eggs unscrambled, unadulterated their golden yolks dominating the platter, shining through to cheer on the day.

It’s horses for courses Rebecca, and I cannot eat a fried egg sunny side up as it makes me sick! But, my husband DOES eat an unadulterated egg with its golden yolk showing and I know of lots of people JUST like me! Karen

6. Fiona Matters says

Mmmmm full English. I mainly grill mine too – so I call it a “grill up” can’t actually stand fried bacon – I like mine crunchy! You’ve reminded me that I need to pop down to the butcher I found recently to get some gluten-free black pudding. Just discovered they do it – I haven’t had black pudding since I went gluten free around 8 years ago!

7. Maya Russell says

Generally put sausages and bacon in the oven. It’s always amazing how much fat comes out. I love full English Breakfasts!

Wow, amazing ideas, thanks for sharing and linking up. I’m not a big breakfast person but I LOVE breakfast foods – just at other times of the day!

I’m not the biggest fan of the full English brekkie, as I don’t like black pudding or baked beans, and the fried bread is smth I would not touch at all. Saying that, the rest is yummy, and I look enviously at all your plates and china in the photos, they are fab!

10. Michelle says

We had friends from the other side of the country staying with us this weekend and my husband had promised them a cooked breakfast so they could sample the award winning delights from our local butcher. When I saw your ‘easy way ‘ I showed him and although we were both somewhat dubious about a baked breakfast, the result was impressive! Zero stress and perfect results. Thank you so much for the tip.

11. Sarah Cooper says

All of your posts make me hungry and they always inspire me to improve the way I blog. Particularly envious of your photography skills.

12. Arabella Bazley says

The Great British Breakfast is such a wonderful thing and is great before you climb a mountain, work in the fields or if you have a hangover (so I hear….). I do wish eating breakfast did help you lose weight but I suspect the “All Day Breakfast” disproves the theory :-)

13. Jo welsh says

Love the English breakfast but we don’t always have it for brekkie great as a lunch if you need an energy boost or are having a late tea.

14. Tracy Nixon says

Must admit being a single mum of four, I never cook bacon or sausages for breakfast – why? Simply because there is no time through the week and at weekends the kids seem to love scrambled eggs with cheese for a treat! We always have breakfast though – toast and cereal! Would never go without our first meal of the day!

15. Maria Turner says

I do wish I had time and energy to try different things for breakfast – everything looks lovely [although I have to say that black pudding will NEVER feature in any cooked breakfast in this house, lol]

16. Zoe Howarth says

This way makes it so much more appealing than doing everything individually. It such a faff normally, that’s why I don’t bother but I’ll probably try this way now.

17. WandaFish says

I’m trying to push the baked full english out of my mind and concentrate on the 5:2 breakfast ideas! I’ve tried the blueberry pancakes, which are delicious :) and armed with the other ideas I’m sure I can make the diet work for me – thanks for all the gorgeous recipes you post!

18. Arabella Bazley says

I totally agree that cooking a Full English Breakfast is an act of love. I think it is a national dish in it’s own right.

19. Beverley says

Making this again for tea tonight, though I suspect I’ll be pressed into providing at least one portion of chips with it!

20. Sue Bowden says

This breakfast looks and sounds scrummy, making me feel hungry and I’ve got to wait until tomorrow, because that’s what I’m having as my mother’s day treat xx