November Cooking with Herbs Round-Up
Wow! What another GREAT month of herbal entries, you have all cooked up a storm and just look at the amazing recipes below! Thanks so much to each and every one who entered. I didn’t have a mystery judge this month to choose the winning recipe, so I have chosen the lucky winner, and the winner is……………
A taste of Somerset in a scone by Vanesther at Bangers and Mash! WELL DONE Vanesther – I chose your recipe as it was an imaginative and tasty alternative to classic cheese scones, and I also loved how you bought local ingredients for your recipe too! Please email me your address and I will have your prize sent out – a set of Herb Labels for all your jars and pots of herbs – as well as sending your winner’s badge!
The NEW Cooking with Herbs challenge will be up later tonight, so look put for that and a festive twist I have added to it for December!
November Cooking with Herbs Round-Up:
1. Walnut and Rosemary Oat Cakes by Jane of The Hedgecombers: These delicious little oat biscuits are a life saver in Jane’s kitchen for one of her “wheat free weeks” and the rosemary must add a wonderful flavour – I bet these are great with a BIG cheese board too.
2. Pot Roast Pheasant with Sherry and Sage by Antonia of A Little Bit Greedy: This next entry is such a lovely seasonal post, and with a super one-pot roast with sherry and sage, so autumnal and pure comfort food!
3. Fruity Freekeh Mackerel Salad by Cheryl of Madhouse Family Reviews: I love fish and especially mackerel, so this next recipe was saved as soon as I saw it! Fruity with dried mint, it sounds truly amazing!
4. Rustic French Style Beef Cheeks & Lentils by Anneli of Delicieux: Any recipe with either French or Rustic in the title always gets my attention and this looks so comforting and tasty! What a great use of an underused cut of meat too.
5. Gougere Bread by Alexandra of The Lass in the Apron: I ADORE gougeres, those little cheesy puffs you get at posh cocktail parties, but, I also love Alexandra’s gougere bread even more! What a fabulous recipe.
6. Cucumber Avocado Sandwiches With Dill and Mint by Janet of The Taste Space: Fabulous tea time sandwiches made with cucumber and not bread! I love these little bites, and especially with mint too.
7. parsley and walnut pesto by Andrea of Shabby Chick: A fabulous British style pesto by Andrea, made with lovely walnuts and parsley and perfect for any pasta or bruschetta dish!
8. Udon and veg in a miso by Deena of Deena Kakaya: This is such a great entry from Deena next and made specially for a post Diwali cleansing meal, with Thai basil and coriander for a green herbal zing!
9. Braised Chile Sage Chicken by Chef Mireille of Global Gourmet Spot: This spicy chicken looks absolutely amazing! And, it also looks so easy to prepare and cook too, making it an ideal mid-week family meal!
10. Tartine with Bacon, Goats Cheese & Caramelised Red Onion by Anneli of Delicieux: I am not a lover of kidneys, but Anneli could tempt me with her delicious looking tartine – it looks scrumptious!
11. Garlic And Herb Roasted Chicken by Nine Grand Student: A BIG welcome to a new cooking with herbs member and a student too! And, I am astounded how proficient she is with her cooking skills, you have to check out her step-by-step photos for this herb roasted chicken! Amazing!
12. Harissa Lamb Rolls by Chef Mireille by Gourmet Global Blog-Spot: GORGEOUS spicy sausage rolls with a bit of a kick from the some added harissa; these also have mint and coriander in them for a North African feel!
13. Wensleydale & herb soda bread by Sarah of The Garden Deli: This next recipe by Sarah is JUST my kind of recipe as I love quick breads and CHEESE! Sarah also shares some her Parisian photos in her recipe post too.
14. Fire Roasted Bell Pepper Pesto by Chef Mireille at the Gourmet Global Blog-Spot: Another FAB recipe from Chef Mireille at Gourmet Global Blog-Spot, and this time it’s a fire-roasted pepper pesto recipe with lots of heat and basil!
15. Minestrone Super Soup by Louisa of Eat your Veg: A tasty and adorable entry from Louisa, where you can see the lovely little faces of her children helping in the kitchen with the super soup!
16. Herbed Goat Cheese Pasta with Caramelized Fennel & Onions by Katie of Whole Nourishment: What a lovely recipe we have next and Katie also shares some stunning images on this recipe post for an amazing looking pasta dish!
17. Roasted squash with rice and crispy moong sprouts, coriander (cilantro) pesto by Nazima of Franglais Kitchen: Nazima shows off some stunning photo styling as well as her delicious recipe for vegan baked squash in this next delectable entry!
18. Garlic Mushroom Parsley Pasta by Shaheen of Allotment to Kitchen: Shaheen has made a vegan pasta dish with mushrooms, garlic and parsley, and My goodness, it really looks good! Also LOVE her little wooden man who is in the photos too!
19. Browned butter, orange, rosemary and polenta madeleines by Ros of The More than Occasional Baker: Ros has made some amazing looking madeleines with rosemary, orange and polenta – what an interesting and imaginative selection of ingredients!
20. Mizuna Radish Salad & Blackberry Vinaigrette by Chef Mireille at Gourmet Global Blogspot: Chef Mireille dishes up this BEAUTIFUL salad next, and this would be perfect for a light meal over the festive period! It’s so vibrant and colourful too.
21. Goat Cheese Truffles by Marija of Palachinka Blog: These beautiful little savoury morsels are savoury cheese truffles, a favourite buffet dish of mine, and Marija makes them look so pretty too!
22. Tagliatelle with lamb’s liver and a sage, chilli and garlic butter by Vanesther of Bangers and Mash: Vanesther cooks up an elegant meal for two and all under £3 with this super recipe for lamb’s liver, sage and garlic butter – it’s a stunner and wont break the bank either!
23. Olive, Coriander and Onion Bread by Sally at Sally Atkins: WELCOME Sally! Sally says that this was a “delicious loaf with a light crisp crust, morsels of sweet onion and salty olive throughout the rich” – that’s it! I’m making it next week, it looks amazing!
24. COTTAGE CHEESE BAKED SALMON by Petra of Food, Eat, Love: I LOVE meals like this Petra, and you have solved a mid-week supper problem for me, as I think I will be making this next week!
25. the 4th Doctor’s iconic scarf by Vohn of Vohn’s Vittles: An AMAZING vegetarian creation and one that you MUST take a look at, so why not pop over to see what Vohn added to make this fabulous edible Dr Who scarf!
26. Roasted Chicken Legs with Za’atar and Pomegranate by Nazima of Franglais Kitchen: This delectable chicken dish by Nazima is packed full of Middle Eastern promise, as well as fresh basil – it’s a stunning recipe!
27. A taste of Somerset in a scone by Vanesther at Bangers and Mash: These delicious scones by Vanesther have Somerset cheese, sage and apple in them, and have my name ALL over them!
28. Pumpkin, Kale and Walnut Galette with Pancetta and Onion Jam by Me at Lavender and Lovage! A riot of colour as well as some wonderful flavour ingredients including thyme make this open-style tart (galette) a wonderful autumnal meal for all the family or for a relaxed weekend supper dish for friends.