Happy Chinese New Year:
Cooking with Herbs Challenge for February 2014
Welcome to a NEW Cooking with Herbs Challenge for February 2014! Last month saw over FORTY fabulous entries for the theme Herbs and Citrus, and you can see all of the recipes in the round-up here:
Cooking with Herbs Round Up for January 2014
This month kicks off with Chinese New Year on the 31st January – Chinese New Lunar Year runs for fifteen days and ends on Valentine’s day, so I am hoping to see lots of Chinese inspired recipes PLUS some romantic ones too! 2014 is the year of the Horse, and for all you horses out there, I wish you a VERY happy new year! But onto the new challenge, it’s easy, if you cook with herbs, you can ENTER into this challenge, and the theme for February is not surprisingly:
Chinese and Romantic Inspired Recipe with HERBS
I look forward to seeing what you all come up with, and I declared this NEW cooking with herbs challenge officially OPEN now! Karen
Cooking with Herbs
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of the appropriate month’s challenge, including your email and the title of your recipe or post.
2. Display the Cooking with Herbs badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to the monthly challenge post.
3. Add as many recipe links as you like, there is NO limit.
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #cookingwithherbs and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see. If a guest blogger is hosting, please add them into the tweet too! (They will add their name in the appropriate post)
5. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Cooking with Herbs badge.
6. If using a recipe from another person, book, website, chef or blog, you must link back to the original recipe and not reproduce the recipe in full in your post. You must also use your OWN images for the recipe and not the original images, unless you have permission to do so, with appropriate links and any other information requested by the photo’s owner added to the image.
Grab the badge here:
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/" title="Cooking with Herbs"><img src="https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Cooking-with-Herbs-300x252.png" alt="Cooking with Herbs" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Hi Karen! I haven’t really tried cooking with herbs but I would definitely try because of your challenge. Thanks!
Tracy Nixon says
Yeah Happy Chinese New Year! G+’d!
Louisa Foti says
Happy Chinese New Year! My horse obsessed 5 year old daughter is delighted. Shall definitely be taking part, possibly on both the Chinese and Valentines themes 🙂
Louisa Foti says
Do ginger, garlic and spring onions in my spring rolls constitute a herbal entry Karen?. I think not, so I’m probably being very cheeky in even asking!
Fiona Maclean says
I’ll try! I’ll try to do one this month really! (I do like doing chinese style food)
Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy says
Happy Chinese New Year 🙂 I love cooking with herbs and I can’t wait until summer when my garden is over flowing with fresh herbs again.
Hi Karen I posted my Pizza Rustica late last night in a bout of insomnia, didn’t notice that it was supposed to be Chinese type recipes or romantic recipes. My Pizza Rustica might certainly qualify for a romantic meal, if paired with a good red wine though! Thanks!
Plenty of scope here between Chinese New Year and Luuuurrrve!
Glamorous Glutton says
I should have entered my Masterstock. I’ll have to come up with something new for this. GG
Ren Behan says
I love the Glamorous Glutton’s masterstock, great recipe. I’ll try and throw some extra herbs into my February recipes.
Great theme Karen! I’m thinking of some stir fry chicken for dinner soon 🙂
Vanesther - Bangers & Mash says
恭喜发财! Very excited about this month’s theme Karen – my mother is Malaysian Chinese, so I’ll be asking her for some ideas of a new dish to cook up!
Jacqueline Meldrum says
I’m just adding it to the diary for you now Karen. I hope to join in 🙂
Definitely on the cards for Feb , linking up soon!
Will have to get my thinking cap on for this one Karen, though the way Feb is going, I’ll be luck to enter any blog events at all.
Hi Karen, Great blog and great challenge. I’m excited to join in!
BRILLIANT! Glad to you in on-board Emily!
Tina @ The Spicy Pear says
Great theme for this month’s Cooking With Herbs. I have entered my Turnip Cakes. Although the cakes don’t have any herbs, the dip I serve with it does contain coriander so I hope it counts.