Halloween & Bonfire Night Recipes – A selection of seasonal recipes; from bread, soups and casseroles to parkin, cakes and nibbles.
Seasonal Recipes for Family and Friends
The days are drawing in, as my grandmother would say, with a definite cold nip in the air. The last of my summer roses are stubbornly blooming, as well as the dahlias, which are still unfurling and showing off their vibrant colours.
Those most popular of seasonal feasts and festival are nearly upon is, namely Halloween and Bonfire Night. Or, as I prefer to call them, All Hallow’s Eve and Guy Fawkes Night.
Heavy dew drips from the laden apple tree, whilst the soft thud of apples punctuates the heavy silence every now and then. Tender summer herbs are putting on a final encore, their fragrance more pungent in the wetness of the morning.
It’s also time to plan ahead for Halloween and Bonfire Night, two much-loved childhood festivals that I still look forward to today.
Today’s post Halloween & Bonfire Night Recipes is a collection of past and present recipes. Some are family favourites, and some are new recipes I have created.
All of them are suitable for family, friends and the little ones too, of course! Enjoy them if you make them, and DO let me know what you made. Have fun and enjoy the Cosy Season, Karen
Halloween & Bonfire Night Recipes
- Bonfire Bangers and Barbecue Bean Casserole for Crocktober
- Bonfire Chilli with Beef, Chocolate and Pumpkin
- Devilishly Tasty Mini Toad-in-the-Holes
- Traditional All Hallows’ Eve Supper ~ Mash O’ Nine Sorts
- No-Knead Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Traditional Yorkshire Parkin
- Traditional Soul-Cakes Recipe
- Spooky Spider Cakes for a Howling Halloween!
- Twit Woo Hooting Halloween Owl Cupcakes
- Toffee Salted Caramel Fudge Cakes
- Ghoulish Ghostly Cinnamon Toast for Halloween!
- Salted Caramel Apple Pancakes
- Creepy Crawly Curried Devilled Eggs!
- Smoked Cheese & Onion Straws
- Easy Cheesy Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
- Banderillas Picantes
More Nibbles and Snacks
- Bacon Chilli Popcorn in the Microwave or a MultiCooker
- Smoky Low Calorie Cheese & Pimento Dip and Chips!
- Hot Cheese & Pimento Dip
- Beetroot, Carrot and Parsnip Crisps (Chips)
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- Creamy Tortellini, Mushroom and Spinach Soup
- Spiced Red Lentil & Carrot Soup with Frazzled Onions
- Quick and Easy Scottish Minestrone Soup
I hope the recipes above have given you some inspiration for what to cook and serve this Halloween and Bonfire Night. Have a Ghoulish time and stay safe.