Today’s recipe for Ninja Foodi Italian Sausage & Cheese Pasta is a revelation! A pasta dish that is cooked in ONE POT, from start to finish.
An Easy One Pot Family Recipe
Today’s recipe for Ninja Foodi Italian Sausage & Cheese Pasta is a revelation! A delectable creamy and unctuous pasta dish with sausages, spinach, cherry tomatoes and cheese that is cooked in ONE POT – even the grilling the cheese at the end.
This new recipe for the New Year, was created using my new and rather wonderful Ninja Foodi Max Smartlid Multi Cooker 14 in 1.
And, it was was made from start to finish in just one pot – using 3 of the 14 functions on the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker…..sear/sauté, pressure cooker and grill.
I’m pretty chuffed with this recipe, which uses a few ingredients I had in the fridge from Christmas; sausages, cheese and cherry tomatoes, as well as some fabulous pasta I won from Yorkshire Pasta, and some basil olive oil from Pomora Olive Oil.
As well as using one pot, this recipe for Ninja Foodi Italian Sausage & Cheese Pasta only took 18 minutes to cook, with a 3 minute rest (releasing the pressure) in between pressure cooking and grilling.
Serves 4 greedy people or 6 people with crusty bread or garlic bread as an accompaniment. Can also be served with extra spinach and salad, and a bowl of extra cheese.
Make it veggie by using Quorn Sausages and if you like spicy, add some chilli flakes for added zip…..see my list below for veggie and vegan suggestions.
Make it Veggie, Vegan and More Meat Suggestions
- Use plant-based veggie sausages such as Quorn sausages or an equivalent.
- Add chopped mushrooms in step 2 for extra veggies.
- Use chopped peppers in step 2, or courgettes when they are in season.
- Use plant-based sausages, such as Moving Mountains sausage patties.
- Use a vegan cheese, and make sure the pasta is egg and dairy free.
More meat & Dairy versions:
- Use lean minced beef in place of sausages.
- For a lower calorie version, use minced turkey or minced chicken.
- Add blue cheese in place of Cheddar cheese.
- Add chilli flakes in step 4, for a hot and spicy version.
- Use Mozzarella in place of Cheddar cheese
Pin me to Make Later
More Pasta and One Pot Recipes on Lavender & Lovage
- Spicy Sausage Pizza Pasta Bake
- Three Cheese and Swiss Chard Pasta Bake Cake
- The Big Bang Theory “Beefaroni” Pasta Bake
- Tortellini Pasta Bake with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto & Mozzarella
Under the Smartlid – NINJA Foodi MAX 14-in-1
SmartLid Multi-Cooker 7.5L OL650UK
Discover a new way to cook! Steam and crisp at the same time with 4 Combi-Steam Mode programs – Steam Meals, Steam Air Fry, Steam Bake & Steam Bread. Simultaneous steam and convection cooking creates juicy, speedy, crispy results.
Air Fryer Mode
Up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods**. You can also choose from a range of other hob-style functions – Grill, Bake, Sear/Sauté, Steam, Slow Cook, Dehydrate & Yoghurt. (**Tested against hand-cut deep-fried French fries.)
Pressure Cook up to 70% Faster than traditional cooking methods*, using super-heated steam to quickly cook tender meals. (*Compared with slow cooking, simmering or braising.)
Steam and Crisp
Perfect for cooking quick and easy meals – from lemon and herb chicken with garlic potatoes to prawn skewers with fluffy rice. Enjoy perfectly cooked food that’s moist on the inside, crisp on the outside.
One pot does the lot! Unlock 14 cooking functions under one SmartLid – Pressure Cook, Air Fry, Grill, Bake, Dehydrate, Prove, Sear/Sauté, Steam, Slow Cook, Yoghurt, Steam Meals, Steam Air Fry, Steam Bake and Steam Bread.
Unlock 3 modes and 14 functions. Easily switch between Pressure Cook, Air Fry & Combi-Steam Modes with the SmartLid Slider. Enjoy endless possibilities, from complete one-pot meals and healthy dishes to indulgent desserts.
With a family-size capacity, the large 7.5L cooking pot & 4.7L Cook & Crisp basket are perfectly sized to feed up to 6 people. Making it easy to host guests, feed family and friends, or cook in batches ready to freeze.
Step-by-Step Cooking Instructions
Recipe for Ninja Foodi Italian Sausage & Cheese Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, I used basil infused olive oil
- 450g high meat content sausages, I used Lincolnshire sausages (removed from their skins and crumbled)
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 115g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules, NOT salt
- 50g fresh baby spinach, plus extra to serve
- 650g to 700g fresh pasta sauce, I used tomato & chilli pasta sauce
- 450ml water
- 250g rotini pasta, or pasta of your choice such as penne, fusilli etc
- 135g extra mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 90g Parmesan cheese, shavings
1. Slide the Ninja Foodi Smartlid over to number 3, and rotate the dial to SEAR/SAUTE.
2. Add the olive oil and the sausage, onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic granules to the cooking pot. Cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are opaque and the meat is longer pink. Turn the Ninja off.
3. Arrange the spinach over the top of the meat and vegetable mixture, then spoon over the pasta sauce and finally pour the water in.
4. Scatter the pasta over the pasta sauce and gently push them into the sauce and water.
5. Put the lid back on the Foodi and slide the Smartlid to number 1, PRESSURE. Make sure the Pressure Release Valve is set to SEAL.
5. Set to PRESSURE cook setting and cook for 8 minutes
6. When the pressure cooker has finished, move the pressure release valve to VENT for a quick release of pressure. The Foodi will alert you to when it is safe to open the lid, after about 3 minutes.
7. Add all of the Cheddar cheese, mix gently into the cooked pasta, them scatter half of the Parmesan cheese over the pasta.
8. Close the Foodi lid and slide the Smartlid to number 3, then rotate the dial to GRILL. Set grill for 5 minutes, but check after 3 minutes to see if the cheese has melted.
9. Serve straight from the cooking pot, or spoon the pasta into a large serving bowl. Scatter the remaining Parmesan cheese shavings over the top as well as some more fresh spinach leaves.
1. Use plant-based veggie sausages such as Quorn sausages or an equivalent.
2. Add chopped mushrooms in step 2 for extra veggies.
3. Use plant-based sausages, such as Moving Mountains sausage patties.
4. Use a vegan cheese, and make sure the pasta is egg and dairy free.
More meat versions:
5. Use lean minced beef in place of sausages.
6. For a lower calorie version, use minced turkey or minced chicken.
7. Add blue cheese in place of Cheddar cheese.
8. Add chilli flakes in step 4, for a hot and spicy version.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 884Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 174mgSodium 1199mgCarbohydrates 76gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 52g