February Herbs on Saturday Challenge:
Win a copy of the Self-sufficiency Foraging book
Welcome to February’s Herbs on Saturday Challenge! Before I tell you about the special challenge I have planned for your this month, I would like to say a HUGE thanks to Vanesther over at Bangers Mash for guest hosting the event for January. She has posted a LOVELY January Round-Up, so do pop over there to see what herby delights were entered last month. This month I have a FORAGING book up for grabs, the wonderful book “Self-sufficiency Foraging” by David Squire. All you have to do is add your blog link to the linky at the end of this post and that’s all that is needed to enter! The best entry at the end of the month, as chosen by a mystery judge, will win the book.
The challenge this month is the cook with herbs, as always, but especially anything that you may have foraged!
Foraging for wild food is becoming more and more popular as people become increasingly interested in eating not only organic but also local fresh food – for free. You’d be surprised at the bounty of wild food you can find practically on your doorstep: some native plants, some escapes from ancient gardens and all delicious. Most of these foods are within easy reach – however, you’ve got to know what you’re looking for and where to go and when. Arranged in a directory of categories divided into wild plants, herbs, fruits, nuts, mushrooms, seaweeds and shellfish, this book has all of the information you need alongside clear illustrations to help you identify a wholesome and natural food store, all for free. Hints on how to prepare and eat your foraged bounty are also included, along with advice on seasonality.
Herbs on Saturday
Guidelines how to enter:
1. Post your recipe url to the Linky at the bottom of the appropriate month’s challenge, including your email and the title of your recipe or post.
2. Display the Herbs on Saturday badge (as shown above and below) to the relevant recipe post, with a link back to the monthly challenge post.
3. Add as many recipe links as you like, there is NO limit and the recipe posts can be from any day, NOT just Saturday!
4. If you tweet your post, please mention #herbsonsaturday and @KarenBurnsBooth in your tweet – I will retweet all that I see. If a guest blogger is hosting, please add them into the tweet too! (They will add their name in the appropriate post)
5. The recipe can be one of your own or one you’ve seen elsewhere. You are welcome to republish old recipes/posts but please add the information about this challenge as listed above with the Herbs on Saturday badge.
6. A mystery judge will choose their favourite recipe at the end of each month, and the winner of that recipe will receive the book that has been featured for that month.
Herbs on Saturday is a Recipe Sharing Blog Challenge……a simple and easy way to share recipes that use herbs throughout the month and also a chance to learn new ways to cook with herbs, as well as discover new blogs and blogger chums! Add your recipe to the linky below: